Knowledge Related to Roger Hazard
Roger Hazard is an American designer, television presenter, and producer best known as the home stager and designer on Sell This House.
Born in Houston, Texas, Hazard attended Texas A&M University and was a member of the university's Corps of Cadets. He studied Horticulture and Architectural Design.
Hazard originated the role of home stager and designer on A&E's Sell This House from its debut in 2003 through 2011. He has also starred on Move This House and contributed to Sell This House: Extreme, both for A&E.
In 2012, Hazard left A&E and, with husband Chris Stout, launched Roger Chris, a furniture and home design company. That same year, the couple relocated from Austin, Texas, to Sharon Springs, New York.
In 2014, the couple completed extensive renovations to their new Victorian home in Sharon Springs.
· Other Related Knowledge of victorian furniture
History of victorian furniture
Governor and Mrs. Price Daniel donated 114 acres (46Â ha) of land for the purpose of establishing a library on September 27, 1973. Construction began in the fall of 1975; by then $700,000 had been raised through private donations. The library opened on May 14, 1977. The library commission selected the Liberty area as the site of its archive because Liberty is the site of Atascocito, a former Spanish outpost that became the seat of government of a ten-county area that formed in 1826; the settlement's name changed to Liberty in 1831. The counties were all or partially within the Atascosito-Liberty District.
Location of victorian furniture
Sustainability Victoria, a Victorian Government agency, defines North Central Victoria as the municipalities of Buloke, Gannawarra, Loddon, Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Mount Alexander, Macedon Ranges and the City of Greater Bendigo. A climate change study by LaTrobe University also includes the Shire of Hepburn within the region.
The major urban centres are Bendigo, Castlemaine, Maryborough and Rochester. Smaller localities include Kyneton, Pyramid Hill, Kerang, Donald and Creswick. In 2002 the estimated population of North Central Victoria was 200,000.
Architecture of victorian furniture
ExteriorThe church is built mainly in stone. Its plan consists of a nave with a clerestory, north and south aisles, a west tower, vestries at the northeast and a porch at the southwest. The clerestory is built in black-and-white timber framing. This is the last major work in which Douglas used timber framing.
Fittings and furniturePaintings designed by Douglas are in panels below the clerestory and in the baptistry. Much of the wooden furniture, including the stalls and pulpit, are also by Douglas. A pair of candlesticks was designed by William Butterfield. Much of the stained glass is by Henry Holiday; one of the windows in the north aisle is by H.Â J.Â Stammers and another is by C.Â Ford Whitcombe. The two-manual organ was built in 1905 by John Bishop &Â Sons of London. It was restored in 1959 and again in 1990. There is a ring of eight bells which were cast in 1902 by John Taylor &Â Sons of Loughborough and donated to the church by MrsÂ Drew.
Early history of victorian furniture
In 1794, Hester Piozzi began the construction of Brynbella with her husband in order to provide the family with a new seat after the destruction of Lleweni Hall, which had reverted to the ownership of Stapleton Cotton, 1st Viscount Combermere due to primogeniture. It was built out of Portland limestone in the style of the Palladian villas which she had seen during her self-imposed exile in Italy. There, Gabriel Piozzi became accustomed to British society, although his position as a Catholic continually undermined his position amongst the local gentry.
Natural resources of victorian furniture
Natural resource management is administered by the North Central Catchment Management Authority covering 30,000 kilometres (19,000Â mi) bounded by the Great Dividing Range, the Mount Carmel Ranges to the east and the New South Wales border to the north. This includes the management of rural water allocations and environmental protection for the Avon-Richardson, Avoca, Campaspe and Loddon rivers.
Regional water consumption for irrigation, stock and domestic use greatly exceeds local supply. Irrigation consumes an average 1.4 gigalitres (31010^6Â impÂ gal; 37010^6Â USÂ gal) per annum, while domestic use consumes around 40,000 megalitres (8,800,00010^3Â impÂ gal; 11,000,00010^3Â USÂ gal) per annum. More than 75% of regional water needs are met from water imports from the Goulburn Valley and upper Murray River catchments to the north and west.
An extensive network of natural lakes includes Lake Buloke (the terminus for the Avon-Richardson River), Lake Batyo Catyo near the town of Donald, and a northern network comprising Lakes Boort, Merna, Kangaroo, Charm, Lalbert and Boga. Groundwater beneath this northern lakes network supplies approximately 80% of Australia's mineral springs, supplying the bulk of domestically-produced mineral water and providing substantial local employment.
Notable members of victorian furniture
The following notable persons are known to have been members:
Sir William John Clarke (18311897) landowner, stud-breeder and philanthropist
Sir Ernest Thomas Fisk (18861965) radio pioneer and businessman
Sir Colin Fraser (18751944)
Duncan Gillies (18341903) politician
Rupert W. Hornabrook (18711951)
Sir Harry Sutherland Wightman Lawson (18751952) politician and lawyer
Sir James MacBain (18281892) businessman and politician
John Alexander MacPherson (18331894) politician
Sir Norman Angus Martin (18931978) farmer, grazier and politician
Alexander Morrison (18291903) schoolmaster
Sir William Herbert Phillipps (18471935) merchant and philanthropist in SA
Sir Alfred Roberts (18231898) surgeon
William Rutledge (18061876) merchant, banker and settler
Edmund Edmonds Smith (18471914) ship-owner
Sir Sydney Snow (18871958) retailer
Sir Colin York Syme (19031986) businessman
William Irving Winter-Irving (18401901) pastoralist
Charles William Wren (18561934) banker
Climate of victorian furniture
The climate is moderate with wet winters and warm, dry summers. Annual rainfall ranges from 350 millimetres (14Â in) near Swan Hill in the north, to over 1,200 millimetres (47Â in) in the far southeast.
Temperatures are warm in summer, typically ranging from a maximum of 31Â C (88Â F) to a minimum of 14Â C (57Â F) in Kerang in the northwest and from 27Â C (81Â F) to 11Â C (52Â F) in the south. Winters are cool with minimum temperatures of 24Â C (3639Â F) across the region.
Land use of victorian furniture
The predominant land use is agriculture, including sheep and cattle grazing and the production of cereals, grains and legumes. The gross value of agricultural output exceeds $0.8 billion a year. Forestry is also a major employer in the area surrounding the former gold rush towns of Creswick and Daylesford, with a substantial output of firewood, furniture timber and Eucalyptus oil.
Approximately 13% of the North Central catchment is public land, comprising flora reserves and state and national parks.
History and architecture of victorian furniture
Abergavenny remained a Catholic stronghold in the years after the Reformation and its first Catholic church was built on Frogmore Street. This was replaced as the town's main Catholic church by Our Lady and St Michael's in 1860. The construction of the church was funded by a local solicitor, John Baker Gabb, and the architect was Benjamin Bucknall. Bucknall was engaged on the building of Woodchester Mansion, Gloucestershire for another Catholic client, William Leigh, and, aged only 25, was seen as a coming man in Catholic architectural circles. Bucknall's intellectual and architectural influences were the work and ideas of Augustus Pugin, he converted to Catholicism in the year of Pugin's death, and the French Gothic Revival architect Eugne Viollet-le-Duc, with whom Bucknall was in regular correspondence.
The church is constructed in Decorated Gothic style, with an accompanying Tudor Gothic presbytery. Built of Old Red Sandstone, with Bath Stone dressings and slate roofs, the church comprises a nave, North and South aisles and a chancel. An intended "grand tower and spire" were never built.
Exhibits of victorian furniture
It features exhibits relating to Willow growing and processing and basket-making and includes a video room describing willow growing and basket making; a basket museum with displays of traditional and unusual willow artefacts; the Levels and Moors Exhibition describing the history of the local countryside and its links with this traditional industry; and an environmental interpretation display highlighting the importance of water in shaping the Somerset Levels.
Guided tours are available which demonstrate the stages in the processing of the willow and the creation of wicker work, but visitors are free to wander through the fields along the banks of the River Tone. Close to one of the paths is a wooden carved sculpture by Louise Baker celebrating the importance of the willow in the industry of the Levels.
History and Profile of victorian furniture
Interior Design was founded by Harry V. Anderson in Manhattan in 1932. He was also the publisher and editor of the magazine, which temporarily ceased publication during World War II. Following the war Anderson and John Hay Whitney of Whitney Communications Company relaunched the magazine. In 1959 the company became the sole owner of Interior Design. Harry V. Anderson served as the editor and publisher until 1969.
The other editors have included Donald D. Macmillan; Sherman R. Emery, from 1960 to 1983; and Stanley Abercrombie. The current editor is Cindy Allen. In 1984 Cahners Publishing, later Reed Business Information, bought the magazine from Whitney Communications Company. Sandow Media acquired the magazine in March 2010. The magazine is headquartered in New York City.
Use by the Salusbury family of victorian furniture
After her death in 1821, the house became the possession of her adopted son, Sir John Salusbury Piozzi Salusbury. Like his namesake, John Salusbury, Hester's son had little idea of estate management and continued to dabble in politics and the emerging banking industry then erupting in London. Piozzi Salusbury spent relatively little time on his estate and as a result, it languished. He later sold off much of the original furniture made by Ince and Mayhew and Thomas Chippendale in order to modernize the house in accordance with the then-popular Victorian style of furniture.
After Piozzi Salusbury's death in 1858, it became the property of Rev. Sir Augustus George Salusbury who was then participating in the settlement of New South Wales. The decision to rent Brynbella full-time was undertaken by Salusbury's son, who continued to live in Australia. After his death in 1918, it fell into the hands of Frederic Salusbury who sold the estate two years later due to the extensive repairs that were necessitated after half a century of neglect.
External features of victorian furniture
The churchyard contains six war grave burials registered by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission; five from World War I, including 3 brothers of the Ormrod family, and an officer of the King's Shropshire Light Infantry of World War II.
Administration of victorian furniture
Political representationFor the purposes of Australian federal elections for the House of Representatives, the North Central region is contained within the Division of Bendigo, a southwestern portion of the Division of McEwen, the westernmost portion of the Division of Murray, the northeasternmost portion of the Division of Mallee, and the northeasternmost portion of the Division of Wannon,
For the purposes of Victorian elections for the Legislative Assembly, the North Central region is contained within the electoral districts of Bendigo East, Bendigo West, Macedon, Murray Plains and Ripon.
Local government areasFor administration purposes the region is divided into eight local government areas:
Environmental protectionThe North Central region contains the Greater Bendigo National Park, Gunbower National Park, Heathcote-Graytown National Park, and the Terrick Terrick National Park.
Architecture, furniture and fittings of victorian furniture
The tower is built in brick and stone. It has round-headed bell-openings and urn-like finials. The chancel has a five-light east window dating from the 14thÂ century, and a two-light window on the south wall of the chancel. The north aisle, dating from 1832, has Perpendicular style windows.
Internally, the stalls and rails date from 1868, while the pews and pulpit were added in 1877. The pulpit is carved with pierced tracery panels and sunflower patterns. Douglas' organ screen was resited in 1913. The font cover was designed by Evelyn Wybergh. The former reredos dating from 1725 is now at the west end of the church. The brass lectern commemorates three brothers who died in the First World War.
There is a ring of six bells. Four of these were cast in 1727 by Abraham RudhallÂ II, one was cast in 1811 by John Rudhall and the sixth was cast in 1865 by Mears and Stainbank.
Current use of victorian furniture
Since 1966, 7 Rideau Gate has generally been used as a guest house for high-level foreign officials who are visiting Canada in an official capacity as guests of the Canadian government. The hospitality offered by the Crown comes via Global Affairs Canada.
However, due to renovation work at Rideau Hall that began in September 2017, the house has served since October 2017 as a residence for Governor General Julie Payette. It is unclear when she will move into Rideau Hall.
Internal features of victorian furniture
Simon Jenkins describes the church as "a bold composition of church and presbytery." The interior of the church is largely unchanged since its construction with all of its original Victorian furniture and furnishings intact. The presbytery is similarly unspoilt. The church also has "an exceptionally fine collection of medieval and later vestments".